Almost everyone I know loves the beach. Most vacation leaves of my friends and I were spent lounging in various beaches, reading a book, swimming in crystal clear waters, spending the afternoon strolling and walking barefooted on blindingly white sand and at the end of the night, having a nice dinner and having a drink or two to cap the night off.
Almost everyone I know thinks of the same thing as dream vacation. But sometimes the cost of having a great beach holiday gets in the way. But worry not since there are so many ways on having an affordable beach holidays to almost anywhere in the world.
Here’s our list of Five Tips on Saving Money on Your Next Beach Holiday:
1. Plan Ahead and Book Ahead: if you don’t have much money to spend then planning ahead will be your best tool to getting that affordable dream getaway. A lot of hotels and airlines have Early bird promotions for those who book a few weeks or a few months prior their trip. This is also helpful especially for those who are very busy at work. You can plan ahead when you want to have a vacation to take advantage of some promotions and at the same time you can have some time to plan how and to whom you’re going to delegate the tasks that will be left behind.
2. Use Low Cost Airlines: Almost all regions in the world now have low cost carriers that cater to the need to budget conscious travelers. If Southeast Asia is your target destination, then you could also browse the internet to check various airlines serving this route. Using low cost carriers can save you a lot of money especially if you get to take advantage of their promotions. I do suggest that you sign up on their mailing list so you could stay updated on all of their promotions.
3. Travel During Low Season: Low season always means two things, cheaper cost and fewer people. Take advantage of traveling in the low season to avoid spending a lot of money on your vacation. Just be careful on planning your dates though, you don’t want to fly to an exotic island and face a raging storm. I do suggest that you book at the start of the low season or near the end of the low season, usually the weather at this time is still great.
4. Stay in Budget Hotels or Hostels: If you have a huge budget to spend then by all means feel free to book yourself in a nice five star hotel. But if you’re working on a tight budget then try staying in hostels. Not all hostels are created equally.
There are many hostels nowadays that provide comfortable air-conditioned en suite rooms at a fraction of the cost of a five star hotels. The service standards of budget hotels or hostels are also increasing as years go by due to increasing competition. I do suggest that you browse the internet for reviews of your target hostel before you book one. Another option is to avail of timeshares.And in case you do not want to avail of the benefits anymore and if you find yourself asking “how do I sell my timeshare now” you may want to go online and figure out your timeshare value before selling it.
5. Eat Local Food: Local foods are usually cheaper due to the less cost spent in preparing those dishes. At the same time, eating at local restaurants also gives you a chance to experience the local culture and meeting local people.
Do you have any additional tips or suggestion? Feel free to share them in the comment section below.